Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Faceups Done, No Success to Report... :(

I've finally finished the other two faceplates' faceups. The first is a mod on the closed-eye Latea faceplate. I wanted it to be very anime-and-art-like, kind of like a resin Dollfie Dream or the bjd version of Blythe. I plan on getting animetic eyes at some point, so that she doesn't look like O_O all the time. She will have oddly colored hair, as well, to amplify the anime effect (I hope). I opened her eyes with a Cera-kanna knife and sanded the edges, then sanded off a lot of her nose.

The Marion faceplate didn't turn at all how I'd hoped. The expression is too bleh, the palette too plain, but that's how she'll have to be for a while. I posted so much of the Latea faceplate last time that I didn't want to post her here - she still has the same faceup, so nothing new anyway.

I wish I had the money and the time to invest in an air brush, although with my poor faceup skills it might be a waste anyway. I've redone these faces a billion times and I can't seem to get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment